Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May11. 2011

Yesterday, when I was putting the iris and fennel in coffee mug, I clipped off one blossom near the top of the iris stem to make it prettier to my eye (I liked seeing the scape taper to a bud with only one mature flower below).  The flower I clipped off was so pretty though, I couldn't throw it away. I dropped it into a juice glass and left it sitting on the counter. This morning I STILL couldn't throw it away, so I dropped it into another mug and moved it up onto the windowsill. So now yesterday's arrangement has a companion.  Light through these iris blossoms is so amazing. Still haven't been able to capture that photographically. Robert Llewellyn (photographer friend) mentioned recently that a bearded iris blossom has rooms, and it does (although they're so romantic, "chambers" might be a better word). And anther friend referred to the falls and frills of a bearded iris blossom as "veils." Yes to that, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment