Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3, 2012 -- zinnias, etc.

This wasn't created for the windowsill; I made it for the kitchen table, but it must do double duty on the windowsill this afternoon, because I don't have time for anything else. Seeing this photo makes me realize there are ways I could improve this arrangement, so maybe I'll play with it again tomorrow. On the other hand, some things that look good in three dimensions, just never look good in two dimentsions (i.e., a photograph). I love the pressed-tin container, which a friend gave me not too long ago when she was cleaning out her vase stash.



Included in this are zinnias large and small, some pink cosmos, blue salvia, hardy begonia, magenta coxcomb, yellow coxcomb, a couple of snapdragons (way low), and a snapdragon seedhead or two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment