Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 17, 2012 -- tree peony

This sort of bloom seemed to REQUIRE display today. It's a tree peony, and this one is particularly significant, because one of my cousins gave the plant to me when my mother died. As anyone who reads this blog will know, I don't remember dates, and I had to check with my sister to be reminded when my mother died: April 22, 2003. So this tree peony as been in my garden for 9 years. Amazing. (When I asked my sister about the date, she commented "I've had my peace plant since then," so she, too, has a living plant she was given as a bereavement gift. My mother wouid love that!)


There's a green bow under the peony blossom in this photo because the only suitable jar I could find to put the peony blossom in was one I couldn't seem to completely scrape the label from. The bow sort of hides all the remnants of the label. This tree peony is now about 4 feet tall, by the way, and this year it has had five or six spectacular blooms.

There's a young piece of Mahonia foliage in the jar with the tree peony blossom.

No comments:

Post a Comment