Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 7, 2013 -- Delaware 2

The Delaware Valley really is Mecca for gardeners, so I was thrilled to get to stay in the guest cottage of a couple supporting the Delaware Center for Horticulture. Picture cottage windowsills framed by stone and you'll appreciate my euphoria. Anyway... this morning here are two windowsills I want share: 1) the view from a conservatory filled with exotic plants that are totally unfamiliar to me, and 2) the windowsill of an abandoned playhouse (on the same property) that totally enchanted me. The hammer was already hanging on the windowpane of the playhouse when I found it. I added the white pine cone (which I found on the property) just to make it mine.



And here's that wonderful "playhouse-now-shelter-for-fertilizer-and-gardening-paraphernalia"  from a greater distance.




1 comment: