Sunday, November 23, 2014

too old to sell; too pretty to throw away

I picked these mums almost three weeks ago on the faint hope that they'd last long enough to use in a workshop my daughter Kate is hosting tomorrow night. Well, they almost made it. They're a little to old-looking to take to a workshop, but they were too pretty to throw away, so I harvested the best of them and brought them into the kitchen. There they landed near my clipper holster, which was an unusually rich brown, because I had just washed it. Beautiful with the pale yellow mums! In gathering equipment for the workshop I also knew just where to put my hands on a large plastic tube, which I dropped into my holster with the flowers and some epimedium foliage. The colors are gorgeous together, and, in my kitchen, the mums don't look as aged as they are.



No comments:

Post a Comment