Sunday, April 24, 2016

jigger of bluets

I carried over a dozen windowsill arrangements with me to an event in Gloucester, Va, yesterday, and I liked lots of them, but none did I like half as much as this little jigger of bluets that Marty Ross brought by to show me. I don't think she intended this to be an arrangement--she was just showing me the little flowers in hopes that I could identify them--but the thin, thin glass jigger that she carried them in made a perfect vase for the flowers, and they've lasted a really long time, because Marty pulled them up with a little clump of roots still attached. Marty let me bring the jigger of bluets home with me and I've been drunk on them ever since!
\

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! Just went out and dug up a small clump that is now making my windowsill a happy spot.

    ReplyDelete