Thursday, November 8, 2012

November 8, 2012 -- carnations

I was writing today about using inexpensive florist flowers in windowsill arrangements and decided to do an experiment. I bought a $4.98 bunch of mini-mums at WalMart and was intending to use a single stem in an arrangement, but that's not what happened. I used 3 stems (1/4 of the total) in this concoction.


This is the kind of architectural thing I don't do often and don't do well because it requires a kind of precision (as in lining things up straight) that I don't usually have the patience for. I'd have done a better job of this if I'd known where I was going with it from the beginning. Instead, I started with three little test tubes in a scrap piece of dessert oasis (the kind that doesn't hold water), so all my blooming stems had to go into those tubes. Most of the non-blooming stems went directly into the dessert oasis. Should have just begun with wettable oasis!

No comments:

Post a Comment