Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013 -- daffodils and catalpa cigars

Oh, how I could improve on this now that I've seen the photo: I want to pull the right-most daffodil upright, separate the vase of daffodils from the vase of catalpa pods, and open the window lever! But at least this is a record of a fine experience today. Photographer Robert Llewellyn picked these blooming daffodils in Earlysville, Virginia, where he also has the most amazing studio filled with botanical beauties like these slender, dark brown catalpa pods. I hate not doing his studio justice, but...one does what one can do.



I could get all worked up about the limitations of my photograph--or just celebrate the fact that daffodils are blooming in central Virginia, and one man is saving catalpa pods because he appreciates their beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment