Monday, January 6, 2014

bottle brushes




This began with a note to self: "need a better bottle brush photo." The photo below is one I took for an arranging book I'm working on, but a friend who looked at the manuscript said she thought I could come up with something more interesting. "What would Martha do?" she asked, meaning what would Martha Stewart do to make this subject more interesting. I have no idea. Suggestions welcome. The best I could come up with was to use the brushes as if they were flowers (photo on the left). I combined them with some collard ribs and fern foliage in an olive oil bottle. But, used this way, you can't tell they are bottle brushes.

Just had an idea--reshoot what's above with a fern lying flat on the brown counter with the brushes. That might be sort of Martha-esque. 


No comments:

Post a Comment