Friday, January 3, 2014

when a lichen becomes a cauliflower

I always love the Territorial Seed Co. catalog covers, and this year is no exception. Does their cover artist have a beeline to my brain, knowing just what colors I'm hungry for? This year, it's blues, yellows, oranges. So: I set the catalog up in the windowsill and decided to use it as a prompt for an arrangement. Here's the result (using only natural materials and a vase I already had in the house). The vase provides orange, a piece of variegated holly some green and yellow, and a piece of shelf fungus (torn from yesterday's log) looks remarkably like the cauliflower in the photo. Tomorrow I may try this with a blue vase, because I could play with these colors forever!


A mistake--I put water in the vase and it is leaching up into the shelf fungus changing its color.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've told you I love you this year!
    Happy New Year...continue amusing me!

    ReplyDelete