Monday, December 29, 2014

so straight, so green

Both this plant material and these bottles came to me as a result of John's and my shed cleaning and refurbishing yesterday. John was painting the side of the shed, so I had to cut down a large kerria bush. John hauled the green stems to the brush pile, but when I visited the brush pile for another reason (to dump something), I found them irresistibly green and straight. So I took some back to the house. The bottles, too, came from the shed, where they were sitting on a shelf full of neglected glass containers. These three sort of appealed to me because of their straight, upright sides, so I washed them and put them in the windowsill where they attracted, like magnets, the green kerria stems, which I shortened and stood upright in them.  All very satisfying.


No comments:

Post a Comment