Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 5, 2012 -- so seasonal

I picked all this from the roadside (in the rain) this afternoon: tickseed sunflowers, ragweed, and (the black things) Queen Anne's lace seed structures. I really love the tickseed sunflowers (Bidens bipinnata) because they bloom absolutely every year at this time--when school is opening. In fact, don't think school should be allowed to open without them. And I  love how black the Queen Anne's lace seed structures look when wet.


These flowers were filled with nice, non-threatening bugs when I brought them in the house, and for a few minutes after I dropped the flowers into these vases (bought yesterday at WalMart), they (the bugs) were flying all around the kitchen. Most of them look like a cross between lightning bugs and beetles .

1 comment:

  1. TickSeed Sunfllowers. Love it when you teach me the poper name to what I have been seeing all over.

    ReplyDelete