Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012 -- marigolds and veggies

This is sort of a cheap trick, because 1) the arrangement is on a table in front of the windowsill, not on the windowsill itself and 2) the marigolds in the basket with the peppers are just lying there out of water. I could have put them in floral tubes (which hold water), but didn't. Still, there is one legitimate creative product here, and that's the combination of the basket with the wooden spool it's sitting on. These two items crossed my consciousness together as I was gathering them up to take them (for different reasons) to an arranging workshop. I saw them together, liked them together, and have been using them together ever since.


The plant material trailing out of the basket is climbing spinach, and I did put it in a floral tube, so it would live (to die later!) in a salad.

1 comment:

  1. love the spool idea...yes very creative. The climbing spinach is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete