Friday, May 31, 2013

May 31, 2013 -- moss on bottle of veggie flowers

This isn't much of a photo, but there are actually a couple of interesting things going on here. One is the moss tied to the neck of the bottle. Saw something similar in a magazine recently and stole the idea. The other is the mat the bottle is sitting on. It's a coaster I bought in the Longwood Gardens gift shop--tiny rounds of wood glued to fabric backing. I bought the coaster with the intention of making something similar myself, but I don't know that I ever will. Suddenly, it looks too hard! The flowers in the vase are sweet little white ones blooming on a plant in the vegetable garden. At first I thought they were radish flowers, but they're not. I honestly can't identify them, which seems to happen to me more and more as 1) I sow packets of seed that include mixes of various edible greens, and 2) my memory gets less and less reliable.


 There's also one stem of Nigella (love-in-a-mist) in this bottle.

P.S. Relative to yesterday's post: the calendulas in the wine glasses are not from Select Seeds. Today I happened upon the seed packet I'd saved to remind me which calendulas I was growing. They're 'Flashback' calendulas from Renee's Garden--the prettiest ones I've ever grown.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam responses?
    If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can suggest?
    I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.

    Have a look at my blog - get wigs in london

    ReplyDelete