Wednesday, September 18, 2013

weeds, wildflowers, wildlife

I picked flowers most of the day today for a workshop this weekend, and by the end of the day, if I wasn't sick of flowers, I was at least sort of tired of looking at them. So when it came time to put what interested me in the windowsill, it wasn't to the garden flowers I went but rather to the weeds and wildflowers. This is a combination of smartweed (narrow wands of pink flowers), goldenrod, and hibiscus seed pods.


When you spend a lot of time creating windowsill arrangements, you also spend a lot of time looking out of the window (a good thing), and I've seen all sorts of wildlife--birds, butterflies, etc.--pass by as I was fiddling with a windowsill arrangement. Today's wildlife was larger: my husband!






No comments:

Post a Comment