Thursday, October 10, 2013

bright lights on a rainy day

How I allowed myself to be inside almost all day today, I do not know, because it's gorgeous outside--rain and all. In fact, the air (even with the rain) makes me feel an inch taller! It's also relatively warm and there's a truckload of stuff blooming in the garden. I had a hard time deciding what to display on the windowsill, and only the size of my three-bottle container restrained me from creating a really extravagant mix. Included here are previously used Mexican sunflowers, orange/yellow lantana, and lavender asters, plus some newly picked black-eyed Susan vine and yellow/orange Gaillardia. Those colors are such a pick-me-up on a rainy day! I could have cropped the second photo to omit the kitchen faucet, but I decided it was real, so I left it in.




No comments:

Post a Comment