Sunday, October 12, 2014

one nasturtium stem

I was happy with yesterday's arrangement--the one I did in Kate's birch bark container. And it was way more appropriate to give as a gift than the one I did immediately after. But, in terms of providing me a meaningful moment, this one-stemmed, simple little arrangement surpassed that many-stemmed, complicated one. I found this beautiful little nasturtium stem in the sink among other debris leftover from the larger arrangement. It was beautiful beyond imagining but how to display it? In an out-of-the-way cabinet I found this tiny blue bottle and then realized the tendril needed a backdrop. In my stash of half a dozen colored tiles from Lowe's, I found this blue one. Be still my heart! For once, I thought I had done something I admired justice.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment