Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 1, 2012 -- yesterday's tomatoes and yellow loosestrife


The way this combination came about is fun. I cut this nice, long stalk of yellow-flowering loosestrife early this morning just because it was leaning way over across the lawn and would have been ravaged by the lawn mower. Put it in a vase to hold it while I went on about the day and it wilted not a bit (which is surprising, because it was originally even taller than it is now and the day is a scorcher). This afternoon, I decided to combine it with the tomatoes I'd put in a glass vase yesterday. But how? I don't really like seeing fruit and veggies submerged in water, so I nested a nice, big, glass tube in among the tomatoes, filled it with water, and that's what the loosestrife is standing in.



P. S. Power's back on, so life is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment