Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1, 2012 -- passion vine

You can't even see, in this first photo, the reason I picked this vine:  for the fragrance of its flowers. But I also loved the droop of the vine, so I put it on the second level of the window frame so it could trail.



About midway down the vine are flowers that smell like...what? A website says they smell like  heliotrope, which is accurate but doens't help anyone who doesn't know what heliotrope smells like! Another website says their fragrance is "mildly fruity," but I find their fragrance strong.  Sorry, I just don't know how to describe it, but it's wonderful. Passion vine grows like a weed where I live, but I moved it from the wild into the garden where it is now sort of a pest, but a beautiful one.  

   Passion vine flowers above.

No comments:

Post a Comment