Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 28, 2012 -- candles, obedient plant, celosia

This evolved from some leftover birthday candles I loved. They are way longer and thinner than most birthday candles (about 6 inches tall)  and in an array of  great colors. Got them at the grocery store, used them in cupcakes for a family birthday party Sunday night, then washed the icing off of them so I could use them again. They sat around the kitchen until today when I couldn't resist them any more. Jammed them into this rectangular vase with some floral foam in it. Then I added some lavender  obedient plant (Physostegia virginiana) flowers and a few sprigs of magenta celosia. It was sort of fun using the obedient plant flowers low like this, because I usually use them in tall arrangements (taking advantage of their long, stiff stems).


This is way more complidated than most things I do for the windowsill, but when you've got birthday candles this pretty, you've gotta use them!

2 comments: