Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 10 2013 -- papaya

This is a remake of yesterday's arrangement with the mug turned around and papaya rounds substituted for the lilies. (I also removed the paperwhite foliage and unfurled the fatsia leaf). Long, long story re why the papaya. The short version: for the first time in my life, I used both papaya and mango in a recipe on Sunday. Or, to be more accurate, I used mango in a recipe on Sunday, but the papaya I'd bought turned out to be too unripe to use. Sure was pretty inside, though! Tonight, I decided to try cutting the papaya into slices and using them as "flowers"-- sort of the way people use cut pomegranates in arrangements. I jammed them onto skewers to make the stand up. The result: this is sort of interestingly tropical-looking, but it also reminds me of something from Teletubbie Land!


No comments:

Post a Comment