Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 29, 2013 -- asparagus with catalog

I love looking at this! The greens and whites are just so pretty.


I started with the asparagus, which I bought at the grocery store yesterday. First put them in a vase but didn't like that, so I tied them up with this brown wire (which looks like twine). Then I went looking for a seed catalog to display with this little splayed stack of asparagus. Love this Natural Gardening catalog cover anyway, but it looks especially pretty with the asparagus! 

Not to worry, I won't waste the asparagus. After photographing this,  I dropped the stems into a Pyrex cup with a little water in it, so they'd stay fresh until supper. They're still on the windowsill, next to the catalog, in the Pyrex cup, and that actually looks pretty, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment