Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8, 2012 -- catalog colors

I must have a mind meld with the creator of the McClure & Zimmerman catalog covers, because I used last year's cover to inspire an arrangement, too. Whoever their designer is seems to know what colors will seem fresh and new each year. In fact, all designers seem to know it, because I almost bought a jacket in these very same colors yesterday! Anyway, this acid green, wine pink, and yellow appealed to me, so I put the catalog on the windowsill then started looking for vase and plant material to accompany it. First thing I found was this stem of green stinking hellebore flowers. They seemed to compliment the cover without overwhelming it, and the low yellow bowl could hold water deep enough to keep even a horizontal stem hydrated.




No comments:

Post a Comment