Friday, August 30, 2013

from magical Mathews

This arrangement was created by Louise Witherspoon in Mathews County, Virginia, where I saw it on her windowsill today. So, so sweet. I know it includes a hosta leaf and some Jewels-of-Opar seed structures, but what the other leaf is, I don't know and forgot to ask. Pachysandra maybe? The twirly wire is attached to the vase.


What this photo doesn't show is the sweet autumn clematis blooming outside the window and perfuming the entire back yard. Almost overwhelmingly wonderful. Wish I still had some sweet autumn clematis growing in  my own garden, because I'd love to use it in a windowsill arrangement. Photo below shows Louise's  arrangement less well, but you can make out the sweet autumn clematis in the back yard.



No comments:

Post a Comment