Monday, August 19, 2013

Sedge, tomatoes, rusted windowsill

This is a perfect example of the way windowsill arranging functions as a form of nature journaling. This picture says so much: 1) the window is open on August 19 (so unusually cool!); 2) the tomatoes are ripe for the picking; 3) the sedge flowers (in the rice wine bottle) are huge, because we've had so much rain.



Oddly enough, this is not the "windowsill arrangment" I had intended to post today. I did a couple of arrangements I liked in the windowsill over my kitchen sink, where I usually take my photos, but today I turned around and shot this picture of what just happened to be sitting in the windowsill by the radiator. No kidding. I don't usually photograph things here because the radiator and the rusted storm window are distractions, but today they seemed to look pretty with the tomatoes and sedge! 

1 comment: