Tuesday, February 25, 2014

pussy willow + root children

The visual highlight of my day was opening a package from Seed Savers Exchange that contained not just the seeds I'd ordered but a little book I'd ordered, too. The book itself was sort of a disappointment--it's a tiny, $10 version of a beautiful series of prints from The Story of the Root Children that I used to own. The minute I saw it in the catalog, I added it to my order form thinking I'd give it to young daughters of my goddaughter. But it seems I was really ordering it for myself! And, although the book itself is not much, the endsheets are GORGEOUS! I could look at them all day, which is what I intend to do! On the endsheets are silhouettes of little lichen-green root children lined up holding flowers against an olive green background. I've opened the book to the endsheets and put some pussy willow twigs behind it. Pussy willow and root children seem so compatible! 


No comments:

Post a Comment