Sunday, February 23, 2014

pussy willow

It's so crazy the way the things that should be easy never are. After an absence of almost two months, I spent the day at Flower Camp cleaning, carrying away garden debris, and otherwise trying to whip the place into shape. It was only as John and I were pulling away from the property that I noticed my treasured pussy willow (one with larger than normal catkins) was in full bloom. I jumped out of the truck and yanked a few twigs off the tree. Back home, in Ashland, I thought it would be a snap to drop those twigs into any old vase and photograph them for my blog post tonight. Wrong. For some reason, every vase or bottle  I tried seemed to overwhelm the pussy willow twigs. Only this seemed to work--dropping the twigs into a wooden spool.


No comments:

Post a Comment