Friday, April 25, 2014

grass in a pot

I spent all day yesterday arranging wedding flowers and, by nightfall, I didn't feel like creating a windowsill arrangement. Today I was still in "quiet down" mode (having overdosed on flowers) and the only thing that really moved me when I finally got outside to garden, was this little tuft of grass that came up beautifully intact when I weeded it out of the garden. Dropped it, dirt and all, into this little clay pot, gave it platform to stand on, and, voila, something sweet and simple that I'm enjoying looking at. To keep the pot straight, I tucked a little twig under one side of it and that actually added something visually interesting.


Here's the chaos of color that was occupying the windowsill when I decided I had to clear it (and my mind) out.  



No comments:

Post a Comment