Friday, June 27, 2014

exceeding the seed limit

Vince Tolson gave me a great cartoon in which Frank says to Ernest (or maybe it's Ernest saying to Frank): "Nice garden, but I have to give you a ticket for going over the seed limit." As Vince knows, I exceed the seed limit all the time. I'm guessing at least 3/4 of the things blooming in my garden now are things I grew from seed. Here are two of them: an unusual runner bean with red/orange and whitish flowers that resemble those of the scarlet runner bean, and a salvia with tiny blue flowers that looked like gigantic blue flowers in the seed catalog. You just never really know what your seedlings are going to look like when they grow up--which is half the fun of growing things from seed.


1 comment:

  1. Love it....I need to start using seeds...thanks for the inspiration, once again!

    ReplyDelete