Sunday, January 15, 2012

January 15, 2012 -- my new stuff

I bought this little pitcher at River Town Antiques in Scottsville yesterday. Love it, and I bet I'll use it over and over. Today it has yellow violas and some buttercup foliage in it.



At Rivertown Antiques (which, to my delight, has really inexpensive bric-a-brac as well as antiques), I also bought four yellow ramequin dishes, a long low, chartreuse vase, and a yellow pitcher. Couldn't resist putting them all in the windowsill together, because they look so pretty together.



In the top of the stack of ramequins, I put a beautifully curled old oak leaf, and in the long, low chartreuse container are some plum tomatoes (from the grocery store) and a clutch of pine needles left over from my December 31 arrangement.


These colors remind me of the 1960s, and because all that is coming back, they seem really contemporary now.

No comments:

Post a Comment