Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 5, 2012 -- you can't eat Oasis!

I thought I had a nice head of brocolli in my refrigerator's crisper drawer tonight, but when I went to pull it out for dinner, I realized that the green in that plastic bag wasn't brocolli; it was a leftover Bravo Oasis holder I'd sprayed green (for an event), soaked, then stored in the frig. when it wasn't used. I'm still wishing it were brocolli, but I decided to make the most of finding it by using it as a vase. The daffodil I picked on January 1 was still pretty, so I decided to display it in the Bravo cylinder. To insert a daffodil into Oasis, you have to first make a pilot hole with something (I usually use a chopstick) to keep its mushy stem from collapsing. Because it was handy, I used one of the new chopsticks I'd bought in NY. I like those chopsticks so much (they're bright green and striped), I decided to use more as the upward thrust in my arrangement. The greens all come from a single twig of a variegated holly (called Butterfly, I think). The little Oasis cylinder solved my "what to do for a windowsill arrangement today" problem, but I'm still in a quandry re what to serve for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I want to know more about that container. What did you make it out of? Bravo? What's that?

    ReplyDelete