Friday, June 28, 2013

June 28, 2013 -- garlic scapes and fancy shapes

I had so much fun playing with these two garlic scapes and several stems of a grass called 'Frosted Explosion.'  (Seed source for this beautiful annual grass was Johnnny's Selected Seeds, I think). I played with this combination in all sorts of orientations and in the process inadvertently pulled the sheath off one of the grass stems. What this revealed was hundreds of tiny stems within the main stem. What a delicate, delicate grass this is!




Not sure which of these arrangements I like better. The round, poorly lit, thing on the windowsill is an immature Osage orange.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    The arrangements are amazingly creative and beautiful.
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture your face filled with delight at this one. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete