Friday, June 7, 2013

June 7, 2013 -- butterfly weed

I'm looking forward to playing with these tomorrow, but here's where this handful of butterfly weed flowers  landed tonight. What with all the rain, I've got butterfly weed plants that look like large azaleas (in size), but some of the stems were so long they were lying on the ground, so I cut them. These are a few that broke off as I was transferring them from one bucket to another. Notice how lush everything looks in the background--thanks to tropical storm Andrea.


If you look really carefully into the background out the window, you'll see a tall elderberry blooming. I didn't know it was there until I saw it out the window a few minutes ago--which will tell you something about how tall and out-of-control my weeds are!

No comments:

Post a Comment