Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 21, 2012 -- nature journaling

I am so very glad to have discovered this form of nature journaling. Because just putting something in a vase in the windowsill and photographing it IS a form of nature journaling. This arrangement is particularly apt for the season. In this container are wild onion greens, hairy bittercress foliage, and some Clusiana tulips ('Cynthia,' I think). Because EVERYTHING is blooming in Virginia right now, it was hard to choose what to pick, but I love these tiny species tulips for windowsill arrangements, and I had to use the hairy bittercress, because I'm now on my third round of weeding it out of my garden. The green onions were a natural, too, because I'm pulling them everywhere, and my hands smell like them even as I type.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to have stumbled across your fabulous blog while Gogglin' that invasive and ever-popular hairy bittercress. My day job here in Delaware is a floral designer and a 24/7 lover of flowers and all that is precious, so your windowsills put me in a happy place this morning. Your tulip arrangement reminds me of a Pink Quill bromeliad...made me do a double-take. Looking forward to stalking you!

    ReplyDelete