Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 25, 2012 -- wild color!

This is absolutely wild and wacky color for March! There are lots of pastel things blooming in the garden, but this morning, it was the fire-engine red leaves of some unhappy Mahonia that grabbed my attention. I put two of them in these industrial spools then added (to each spool) a stem of Yellow Archangel (Lamiastrum galeobdolan 'Variegatum') and a pansy flower. Oh, and in the back of each spool are the senstive fern spore structures leftover from weeks ago. (I can see from this photo I should probably have worked harder to make these arrangements more exactly alike.)


I just love looking at these materials together (especially the way the pansy colors work with the other colors). And I had two, only two, of these particular pansy flowers, which proves you should always find a garden spot for some pansies of mixed colors, because one of them might turn out to be the star of a windowsill arrangement!

No comments:

Post a Comment