Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 28, 2012 -- hot and wilty



These are some materials I've been wanting to harvest for a windowsill arrangement (my first sunflower, from a self-seeded plant, and a droopy, lime-green amaranth), but today was the day that they said "cut me!" (There are also a couple of orange daylily flowers and some foliage from daisy wingstem in this bottle, which you can't even see in the photo.) The amaranth flower scape is so long and droopy that this had to be displayed on the second tier of the window. And the irregular, struggling sunflower seems perfectly symbolic of this hot and challenging day.  Over the course of the past week I've battled yellow jackets (5 stings that left my hands looking like catchers' mitts) and a copperhead that refused to be killed. So wilty flowers seem like the worst of my worries, but .... still... I wish we were both less challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment