Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1, 2012 -- snap redo and Japanese maple

I decided to try my Butterfly snapdragons in a different container (as opposed to the orange bag from yesterday). Here they are in a more traditional  glass vase. Prettier, I think. And all their wacky stem directions are sort of interesting.



Even more interesting to me was something that evolved yesterday afternoon. After I pulled the snaps out of their orange bag, they sat for a while in the container I'd used to line the bag--an off-white ceramic vase with sort of abstract splash of brown on it. It has a broken handle, which is why it was on the " vase liner" shelf.  Anyway, it's pattern must have been playing in my head, because later in the day, when John pruned a piece of foliage out of a Japanese maple by accident (it came down with a mulberry limb), I grabbed it because I thought it might look great in that vase.  This greenery needs some editing (more open spaces), but you can see that the shape of the Japanese maple leaves really does echo the pattern on the vase.  It's just so much fun the way these things evolve!


No comments:

Post a Comment