Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 7, 2012 -- result of windowsill walk

I can hardly believe I've been to Philadelphia and back since my my last post, but I have. When I got home, I just wanted to walk around outside without purpose, but I "needed" to do a windowsill arrangement, so I collected material as I walked. Here's the result (in vases from left to right): Vase1): yellow coreopsis flower, white Houttouynia cordata flower and foliage, magenta Sweet William, chilves flower, and a blooming stem of Japanese lantern plant. Vase 2: bellflower stem (in bud), flowering Italian basil, a yellow Knockout rose, and Houttouynia cordata flower and foliage. Vase 3: perennial sweet pea, blue ageratum, yellow Knockout rose, and Houttouynia cordata flower and foliage. 4) coral rose blossom (can't remember its name) and Houttouynia cordata flower and foliage. Vase 5: peachy daylily flower with coral  honeysuckle and Houttouynia cordata flower. I'm hoping that having typed Houttouynia cordata so many times will help me remember it!  It's the plant I've been calling "hootenanny plant."



For the record, the trumpet-vine trumpets I played with yesterday were pretty much dead when I got home this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I am so ready to start planting the pretty stuff after a year and a half of getting the farm back in working shape.
    Where to begin?

    ReplyDelete