Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 24, 2011

It seems like a long, long time ago now, but here's what I was playing with this morning. I took the leftover ribs of collards and used them like spiky leaves in a small, brown vase.

While I was photographing this, I noticed a wonderful shadow on the wall. It was created by an arrangement on the kitchen table.



Moved the arrangement creating the shadow over to the window to photograph it there. It includes lots of leftovers from earlier windowsill arrrangements: an oxeye daisy, some red twig dogwood twigs, and a stem of hemlock.



I grabbed a dish (stacked on the table in anticipation of company) tu put under the vase to keep it steady on the radiator, and it turned out to be really pretty with the contents of the vase (because there's the image of an evergreen sprig on the plate). Sort of a fun coincidence.


No comments:

Post a Comment