Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 31---earthquake flowers

Well, an hour ago I was experiencing an earthquake; now I'm arranging flowers. The contrast---and luck--isn't lost on me. Kate and I were in a Richmond restraunt when the earthquake (5.9) struck. Lasted and long time and was pretty scarry, but no damage or injuries. it was pretty interesting seeing everyone flee into parking lot, though.  A comaraderie of fear, confusion. Now all back to normal.  Three little companion arrangements below were created from material in yesterday's arrangement. I clipped off three okra pods and three scented geranium leaves and then tied the vases together with that wisteria vine I loved. In second photo you can see the "donor" arrangement looks not much harmed for having been canabalized!



No comments:

Post a Comment