Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 10, 2011

Today's arrangement started when I broke a stem of a dragon's tongue (Arisaema) plant while digging it up for a friend. Dropped it into an orange juice jar.

Then I went out looking for something to add to it. Was drawn to fragrance of pale pink phlox, and behind what was the yellow green foliage of a kerria bush, and in front of that were some pale yellow daylilies. Pulled all into a bunch in my hand then added a couple of variegated hosta leaves and dill flowers from a previous day's arrangement. Dropped all into the orange juice jar, but the stems seemed too crowded, so I transfered them to wide-mouthed glass vase.



This seemed a little anemic, so I added some magnolia leaves with rusty undersides. The magnolia leaves came from a fading arrangement I'd just tossed out, and I actually retrieved them from the compost heap. Used low like this, you'd never know they're droopy.


No comments:

Post a Comment