Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4, 2011---Green Fireworks

All sorts of oddball things gathered in the windowsill this morning as I prepared for neighborhood gathering.



Most of this stuff was letfover from yesterday, but in the middle is a juice glass with 2 dill flowers in it. I'm holding those to garnish cucumbers with tonight, but I sort of look the way they look in the juice glass. Like green fireworks!




There's also a green tomato in the windowsill that fell off when John was collecting other veggies. And those veggies were SO pretty, I had to use them to decorate (before eating them!).  Arrangement above the veggies includes magnolia, Annabelle hydrangea, and some of the angel wing begonia greens I cut off yesterday, or was it the day before?



See red tomatoes! This is the first time we've had ripe tomatoes on the 4th of July.

Also, here's better photo (below) of yesterday's angle wing begonia leaf with black-eyed Susan stem piercing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment