Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 14, 2012 -- April beach flowers

I was so worried about going to the beach and finding myself flowerless, that I carried my little peony buds with me. Crazy, I know, but true. Here they are, having fully opened, in a windowsill at Corolla, NC.

I needn't have worried, though. The beach was awash in flowers, and the place where I was staying was full of vases (that had probably never been used as vases). I pulled these two lavender ones off shelves in different parts of the house and filled one of them with flowers and weeds picked from the front yard: purple verbena, dock, lyre-leaved sage, rosemary, and foliage from what I think is Indian hawthorne. All this looks bluer than it really is.


The other wonderful thing that happened relative to vegetation around this beach house is that Kate (my daughter) used the rosemary to flavor a "pizza" made with brie cheese, turkey, and garlic on pita bread. Absolutley scrumptuous!

No comments:

Post a Comment