Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16, 2012 --' Twin Sisters' with familiar companions

There is so much blooming in the garden that seems out of season (too early), that I decided to pull these things together, because, it seems to me, they are always blooming during Garden Week in Virginia (which begins this weekend). They include: the 'Twin Sisters' daffodil, Virgnia's native columbine (Aquilegia canadensis), and a yellow-green spurge. Also included in this bottle is a stem of variegated Japanese Solomon's seal and the pod of a tulip. The tulip pod appears at about the place where 12:00 would appear on a clock, and it's really pretty--larger and more elongated than most tulip pods in my garden.



P.S. I was out of step with my dates, but now I've corrected them.

No comments:

Post a Comment