Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21, 2012 -- simple is best

Yesterday I relearned the lesson "simple is best," when I dropped this one blue columbine flower into a water glass. This is so much prettier than the complicated conglomeration I'd fiddled with earlier in the day. I had tried to save some peonies and foxgloves for a very long time in the refrigerator (to give them to a friend for Garden Week arrangements). Many of them did fine, but others were too spent to give away, so I tried to use them in a sort of Nature Morte arragement. In addition to the almost dead flowers, the arrangement has an Asian pear in it. That part appeals to me because I know where the pear came from--a snack bar on the Capital One campus, where I spoke on Earth Day but managed to miss lunch, so they gave me a pear!

No comments:

Post a Comment