Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012 -- more Easter egg color (and quieter blue)

I undid my centerpiece from yesterday and brought most of the flowers back to Ashland, where I culled through them this morning to make a new arrangement in a jar to take to a friend. Here it is sitting on a dish in the windowsill. The colors are just wild: lilac, purple money plant, pink snapdragon, deep pink sweet William, lavender Chinese temple bells, the Dorgogne tulip. Here's how Brent and Becky Heath describe the color of the Dordogne tulip in their catalog: "exterior is rose with yellow edges and is fiery red on the inside with soft orange edges; as it matures, its colors modify and transform into a Monet-like painting." I actually think the colors get harsher, not more subtle, as this tulip ages, but it's still mighty pretty.


However: I have to say I'm enjoying the leftovers from this arrangement maybe more than the Easter-colors one. Here's how the leftover lilac and a few other stems in a pitcher looked on the counter with other blue things still sitting in the windowsill behind them. Just so quiet and restful.

No comments:

Post a Comment