Monday, March 17, 2014

frozen red maple on radiator

Back to Virginia...and snow! I was walking this morning when I encountered the PennLine men (the men who trim trees for our electric company) trimming trees. Oddly enough, they weren't dealing with an electrical problem, they were just doing their routine trimming. On the ground near them were beautiful, flowering red maple branches. I snapped a few twigs off the branches and brought them home, where I started looking for a vase to put them in. I had found the one I thought was best, when I decided, instead, to just jam then into the voids between the radiator pipes.  They've been thawing there ever since!


P.S. Now I need to go back outside and keep my eye on those PennLine men, who, in my experience, do a better pruning job when you're watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment