Friday, March 7, 2014

rescued crocuses with gumball


After being snowed under, then rained on, then iced over this morning, these crocuses were downright weary when I went to pick them this morning. Still...they are beautiful. And the evolution of this arrangement was fun. I combined the crocuses with some liriope foliage, and in the process of doing that, decided I wanted one of the liriope leaves to twirl in a circle. It was easy enough to tuck one end of the leaf into the neck of the vase to complete the loop, but it wasn't round enough to suit me so I started looking around for something to weight the loop down. (An Ikebana arranger would actually use a tiny fishing weight!). I first tried a wishbone (below), then a gumball (above). I love the gumball with the crocuses, because it's so reflective of this time of year. The gumball was frozen to the ground when went to pick it up this morning!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment