Thursday, March 6, 2014

glove w/pine cone

On my walk this afternoon I was looking for a particular kind of pine cone to add to a specific arrangement. I wanted a cone that was half-eaten by squirrels, because such a cone has almost a stem (the bottom half of the cone has no scales). Ha! What was I thinking?! By today,almost  every cone on the ground had been totally decimated by squirrels and looked like little more than a "core," I did, though, find a couple of recently fallen cones before the squirrels did, and I brought those home with me. Had no idea what, if anything, I would do with them, but when I saw them lying on the table with my pretty black gloves, I wanted to keep them like that--in proximity to the gloves. Result--this windowsill arrangement.


No comments:

Post a Comment