Wednesday, March 19, 2014

winter weary daffodils

I should take inspiration from these daffodils. Some days, because of arthritis in my neck, it seems almost impossible just to hold my head up. But, hey: look at these daffodils! They've been hit by at least three snow storms, and, although their stems are weak and their petals are mushy and their postures are bent (at best), they are still blooming!


It seemed like a small miracle today when first these three little purple vases then these 'Jetfire" daffodils  fell into my lap. The vases are some my daughter is selling on her website (thearrangersmarket.com) and she needed them photographed with flowers in them. The minute I saw them, I thought they needed 'Jetfire' daffodils (with their orange trumpets) in them, but I had no idea I'd come home to find 'Jetfire' daffodils blooming in the garden. I knew 'Jetfire' daffys SHOULD be blooming at this time of year, but this has been no normal year. Sure enough, though, they were blooming. Here they are, outside, laying their weary heads on the ground. Their color is off in this photo because I took it outside, with a flash, after dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment